Thursday, December 24, 2009

Is it alright to shampoo your hair everyday if it's oily?

People have told me it dries my hair out, so I tried to shampoo it every other day but it gives me this greasy look which makes it seem like I haven't washed my hair in a week! And people are constantly telling me not to wash it daily, but I can't help it cause it looks disgusting, so I was wondering is it alright to shampoo hair daily if you have oily hair?Is it alright to shampoo your hair everyday if it's oily?
It's okay to wash your hair every day with oily hair. Are you using a oily hair shampoo product? If not you should. But as far as drying it out, it really shouldn't.Is it alright to shampoo your hair everyday if it's oily?
I rather have my hair dry out and spray it with some smoothing and maybe frizz control stuff than oily because Oily hair is reallly gross.





Good luck with your hairr.
YES you should! my sister has oily hair too. If you don't then its gonna stay oily, and if you have bangs, thats worse, because your forehead will break out :/


if you hair gets dry because of washing it everyday, then you should change shampoos.


try one that has shine and moisturizes :]
YES


It could be that you have too much hair. The finer your hair, the more hair you have per square inch of scalp. And at the base of each hair shaft are sebaceous glands, which produce sebum, the fatty ';oil'; in oily hair. The more hair, the more oil glands, and the more oil glands, the more oil. Those with fine hair have as many as 140,000 oil glands on their scalps The texture of your hair does make a difference. Oil wicks onto fine, straight hair very easily. But wiry hair doesn't seem oily Intense heat and humidity can also accelerate oil production.So can hormonal changes. Androgen, a male hormone, can activate the sebaceous glands. Stress boosts bloodstream levels of androgen in women as well as in men





so i say wash it lots and i hope i helped at least a little
Whoa- Katie B- answered my problem. I have fine, straight hair. Whoa thanks.





But I get oily hair too, so I know how you feel. I wash my hair everyday and twice- because its fine, but this si also probably why it's oily. Haha I have to wash my hair because it's oily but it's oily because I wash my hair.





But I suggest a shampoo for oily hair and only condition the bottom half of your hair. Nothing that touches the scalp for sure.
you should take a shower at least twice a day...and shampoo your hair too...if it's oily it might be because you might be wearing hairspray or gel in your hair and not washing it off so take a shower now!!!!
Actually, you should not shampoo your hair every day even if you have oily hair.





The fact that your hair continues to have to greasy feeling is because shampooing everyday is drying your hair out. Because you are drying your hair out, your scalp is working into overdrive to moisturize it.





If you can, wash every other day. You are doing too much harm by washing it every day.
you should find a shampoo that is for oily hair. Also ask a beautician they should be able to help if they are not willing then talk to a doctor or dermatologist who can proscribe a shampoo. My brother in law also had oily hair he used this stuff called tar shampoo.


good luck
Listen, you should check your diet. You probably are eating too much animal fat. Try eating 3 servings of fish (ironically oily fish like salmon and tuna). Also drink lots of water and exercise atleast 3 times a day. When you can safely say it's not your diet or if it isn't your diet try to find the mildest shampoo you can. I have oily skin and thought if I scrub and wash with sudsy soap it would go away, only it gets worse. That's why you should try to find a mild shampoo.


Try washing hair every 2-3 days if your looks oily in between use dry shampoo. You can either purchase it , price may be quite steep, or you can use cornstarch. What you do is you put it on the oily parts than brush it out. The cornstarch absorbs the oil. You can type in homemade dry shampoos and learn more. Hope I helped.
well..shampooing everyday might be dangerous for ur hair.


Shampoo contains many chemicals,so if u wash daily with shampoo(or with chemicals),it may affect ur hair.Chemicals do have side effects,ur hair may get down!


so u shud shampoo ur hair once or twice in a week and after bathing,u shud apply small quantity of oil.Then ur hair will not look drier.
use less shampoo
Sure. There is no problem with washing your hair daily.
i have the same problem.. i wash my hair every day.. mak sure you use a good moisturizing conditioner also... some natural oils are good for your hair.. but if you let them build up they can clog your hair follicles. Also... use a shampoo that works really well to get your hair clean... i have noticed some shampoos dont make my hair feel or look clean unless i scrub twice every shower wich is a waste of shampoo and time... a good shampoo you should only have to scrub once, rinse and condition. and no you dont have to spend 10 bucks on the stuff... the typical 3-4 dollar store brands work just fine.. jsut ge one you like that works well... i would suggest a clarifying or one for oily hair.
I highly reccomend Head and Sholders shampoo for oily scalps I think the bottle is lime green


-IT WOULD SUIT YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment