Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hey girls, is it true that we shouldnt shampoo our hair everyday but ever other day?

i have been told that if u shampoo everyday your hair will start to get thin, is that true?








thanks =]Hey girls, is it true that we shouldnt shampoo our hair everyday but ever other day?
Hair is more natural when washed less. You wash it to get rid of excess oils, which shampoo aids.


Your hair will be healthier, and less dried out, with fewer split ends if you shampoo it every other day.


When shampooed every day, it will get thin in the sense it will become more limp and dead, making it look flatter, in a bad way.Hey girls, is it true that we shouldnt shampoo our hair everyday but ever other day?
Our scalps create Sebum which is a natural oil needed for the scalp to stay healthy and conditioned. Excessive washing disturbs the natural balance created by Sebum for your scalp which ends up creating problems such as dandruff, itching, flaking and sometimes hair loss. This is why washing your hair every day is not a good idea. Shampoos and conditioners also contain chemicals that can build up on the strands of hair causing them to become brittle, dull and limp. You can try water washing instead of using shampoos all the time which basically means that you gently scrub the scalp with your fingertips while rinsing it under running water and no shampoo.
im not sure if its true but i dont wash mine everyday. the products on the market at the moment are often harsh and they strip your hair of its natural oils and defenses when used too much. and for most girls it isnt simple anymore coz we use loads of products! id say that it is true is this is anything to go by...


my friends sister went 2 weeks without washing her hair. i know that sounds gross but then at the end of the 2 weeks you wash it and it looks amazing! shiny, soft and gorgeous! and i saw her and and it really did look the best its ever been and she has great hair.
well my hairstylest told me that its not good to wash your hair everynight because its washing away the nutrients that goes in your hair everyday. but i do anyways because some peoples hair is different. like when i wake up it will be all greasy so i have to wash mine. but i get compliments on how my hair looks healthy with a shine. and i wash it every night. but i dont think it would get thinner. only if you straightin your hair everyday then that will make your hair get thinner. but i dont think washing it would. it depends on the hair type. well i hope i helped.


GOOD LUCK!!
I don't think it will thin, but it will make your hair dry and brittle so it breaks more.





I think there's way too much hype about constant showering. I shower when I'm dirty which may mean every day or may mean every 3-4 days. I think it's silly to shower if you aren't dirty just because society says you should.
i've never heard about that i just thought ladies didnt shampoo their hair everyday, so their hair color or dye wouldnt fade away as fast .... i shampoo my hair every day and its pretty thick and shiny, people compliment me a lot on it, but i hate not washing my hair everyday it just bothers me
it gets ure hair more oily..the more often u do wash it..i realized that after a litle while only..they start beeing or feeling dirty..but before it never use to be like that? i do it every two days ..and see the difference comparing to if i was doing it everyday..my opinion..





(im nt saying nt to wash it lol..but every two days thats all..


when its summer especially we have tendence to do it twice a day or maybe more..depending on if ure going swimming or smthing like that)
well, they say that shampooing takes out your scalp's natural oils but honestly, i shampoo evry single day bc otherwise it gets too greasy n ewwww. But i have a lot of hair n my hair is completely healthy and thick despite all of the coloring i did. Do watever works for your hair the most
I've heard that also! I read it in my seventeen magazine and have no clue if I should follow that rule or not. What I would do is to wash it everyday, but skip washing it once a week and just use a conditioner or just rinse the dirt out and don't put any product in at all. It will restore your natural oils and give your hair extra shine! But every other day is a little gross!





clickk


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
your hair needs some amount of oils to be healthy, and shampooing it every day strips it of those necessary oils and can leave your hair dry and more easily damaged.





it doesn't cause your hair to get thin, it just isn't good for it.
I just read that sometimes 3 times a week is good enough. Mine looks like crap the next day and I have to wash. I guess it depends on your oil level. But yes, washing everyday is supposed to dry it out, I don't think it thins it.
I have washed my hair every day and I'm 50. I have very oily straight hair and if I didn't I'd look terrible. You should use a gentle shampoo and work it gently through your hair. Everyone is different. Go by what works for your hair.
yes, washing your hair gets rid of all your hairs natural oils and making it break and become dry.





you should wash your hair about 2 times a week. That will keep it healthier and will actually help it grow out.





hoped i helped.=]
My house mate is a hair dresses n she said that if u wash it everyday u r washing out the hairs natural oils that stops the hair from drying out n splitting, every second to every third day is recommended
it wont go thin


but if u do only wash your hair every other day your hair will get stronger, shinnier, and sometimes thicker
nooo!...i have really thick hair. I wash and condition my hair every night/morning. All shampooing does is give you clean and healthy looking hair
Yea that is true because if u wash it everyday it would get really really greasy and it will look like u never wash it
I am not sure if it is true, but I have heard the same thing too. My friend's doctor told her not to wash it everyday. IDK!
I wash my hair daily and my hair isn't thinning .. I can't stand the smell of people's hair who wash every other day
idk i shampoo everyday and my hair isnt thin its actually really poofy...
it's true, but it's due to your hair getting dry, not thin!
From what I hear it's true. I wash my hair every other day and its fine. Not thinning nor thickening though.
no it will not but it will make your hair dry you wash all the oils out of your hair
yes its true trust me my mom is a hairstylist and she told me its bad

No comments:

Post a Comment