Thursday, January 7, 2010

As a black women, can I shampoo my hair once a week, and condition it everyday?

I wanted to do this just until my hair gets into better shape, I have really bad breakage.As a black women, can I shampoo my hair once a week, and condition it everyday?
First you need to cut your hair to even it out and remove split ends. Then you can use a leave in instead of conditioning it daily (unless your hair is very fine, in which case a leave in will weigh it down). Personally I like Infusium or Nexxus Humectress. And I shampoo every 5 days or so. My hair would stink if I went longer than a week between shampoos. When mine was really short I shampooed daily and let my hair air dry. And the more you can avoid applying heat (hair dryer and curlers) the better off you'll be. The best is if you can do without chemical treatments at all. If you must (relaxer, for example) limit them to every 6 weeks, if not longer. Heat and chemicals are the biggest culprits. Good luck!As a black women, can I shampoo my hair once a week, and condition it everyday?
yes you can...just do not use a conditioner that contains ingredients that end in cone (they cause build-up) also do not use a conditioner that has protein in it (to much protein causes your hair to be hard) however you can deep condition with one that has protein once a week, probably after your shampoo in order to strengthen your hair
I shampoo my hair every week (about to go do it now), but I wouldn't condition it everyday....too much build up on it. When you wash it use a protein conditioner (you can find them at Sallys). Since I've started using them my hair is so much healthier. Also...if you use flat/curling irons, find a heat protector to spray on your hair first. I found one by Silk Elements that leaves my hair so shiny and soft.





OH....and be sure to get it trimmed every 6 weeks. It really helps!!!
Shampoo once or twice amonth, and deep conditon once a week.





Your hair will get weaker from daily condtioning, and from weekly washing your hair will just get more fried.

No comments:

Post a Comment